Drs Nachlas, Hancock, and del Valle and the team of the Nose and Sinus Institute of Boca Raton are happy to announce that testing for COVID-19 is available at our offices. PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING FAQs to see if you are eligible:
- Is the test FDA approved?
- Yes. It is done from a nasal swab at a commercial lab that uses precise PCR testing (DNA and RNA matching) to establish the diagnosis
- How long does it take to get results?
- The lab is now turning around the results in two days. Typically, if a patient comes in for the test, we send it to the lab overnight, and the following day we have a result
- Can anyone get tested?
- No. We are not an emergency department, hospital, or urgent care center. The testing is a service to our established and new patients to determine whether their sinus symptoms – nasal congestion, headaches, pressure, etc., are related to underlying COVID-19 infection. As an organization, we are performing this test prior to any surgical procedures performed.
- How can I make an appointment for evaluation?
- You can call our Director of Patient Relations, Sandy Friedman, at 561-939-0909
As always, we place the safety of our patients and staff above all else. Your appointment will be made and handled in an extreme social distancing environment.
The Physicians and Staff of the Nose and Sinus Institute of Boca Raton